Perched 600 feet above the Pacific Ocean, one of the best views in Costa Rica can be found at El Castillo Boutique Luxury Hotel. Guests who book their stay at this luxury hotel are surrounded by stunning nature, just waiting for them to explore. A trip to Costa Rica and Ojochal isn’t complete without spending a day exploring the lush rainforest.
A Guide to Rainforest and Jungle Adventures
More than a quarter of Costa Rica’s land area is comprised of wildlife refuges, national parks, and biological reserves, making it a nature lover’s dream destination. While there are six different types of forests found in this Central American country, most can be classified into three groups, including rainforests.
El Castillo offers its guests numerous ways to explore and experience the beauty of these lush forests.
- Go on a four-wheeled adventure in Uvita, one of the unspoiled regions of Southern Costa Rica. Other great ATV tours include those from Morete Adventure and Jungle ATV.
- Saddle up for a horseback ride to Nauyaca Falls. These falls are one of the most renowned attractions in Costa Rica. Riders will start their adventure with breakfast then continue along the Baru River before reaching the falls.
- Take in the rainforest from above by ziplining at Osa Mountain. The tour features 15 platforms, 11 cables, a “Tarzan” swing, and two rappelling stations that take visitors through the breathtaking rainforest canopy.
- For an up-close look at rainforest flora, plan a hiking adventure. Corcovado National Park is a 164-mile sanctuary filled with everything from howler monkeys to sloths. El Castillo’s excursion is an eight-hour adventure.
- Visitors should keep an eye out for exotic birds as they make their way down the Savegre River on a whitewater rafting tour. Starting in the Talamanca Mountain Range, an experienced guide leads the whitewater rafting trip through waves with stops along the way to experience a waterfall hike and swimming holes. This river includes class II and III wavers, making it a good option for beginners and intermediates.
Discover Breathtaking Views on an Ojochal Getaway
Whether exploring the rainforest or taking in views from the hotel, guests at El Castillo Boutique Luxury hotel have plenty of ways to enjoy picturesque Costa Rica nature. Known as The Castle, this luxury hotel offers travelers a five-star experience. The staff-to-room ratio is one-to-one with only nine rooms, offering a personalized experience. After a day of exploration, lounge by the cliffside infinity pool, unwind with spa treatments, and dine on delicious cuisine. For more information on this boutique Costa Rica hotel, email [email protected]